Saturday, June 20, 2009

Abstraction in Gourami

Due to the fact that Gourami is a framework and a protocol I have been struggling with how to split the project up and at what level to implement various things.
I think that I have now found the right boundry. I have made Peer (renamed from NetworkManagment) inherit from NetworkCommunicator. This meant that I had to to reconcile some of the conflicts of the two classes. I had to, thoughout the process, consider what parts belonged to what level. In doing so I was able to move the process_gourami_message to the Peer level. I am also in the process of considering the relationship between Connection and PeerRecord.
By considering what levels each process occurs on carefully I will hopefullyh build a framework which is easy to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment